Friday, April 17, 2009

dtmymo

and the funny thing is it has no end. i try to call you up at 10pm, youre in a crowded train, your hanphone rang. you didnt grab that phone, but i can see you through the phone. and i'm wide awake at home, so i think i seem like a cat and hope you don't catch the bourbon on my breath.
i'll catch a cab outside on fourty second street and the cars fly through the avenue. i came to your block and i hear a voice, then another voice. so shit, she's not alone. and my heart sinks like a stone. and the tears won't even come. i feel so numb, so swept aside, so dumb. when the words are wrong and my patience gone, dont tell me that mean you're moving on.
in the morning, you called my phone, i hear you talking in the day, your words so dry, my face so sad, said "i broke your heart", oh yeah i bet. i'll think, your friends all dont even know me. i get the strangest looks, from that dressy crowd and though, they must think they have every reason to. when the words are wrong and you're hanging on another guy's arm does this mean you're moving on?

No comments: